Monday 22 July 2013

Last moments

Life is but a dream for the dead.” – Gerard Way.

I read the quotation long ago and frankly I forgotten the after few minutes. Today, it was my first encounter with a soul leaving the body. I was in the veterinary hospital for the treatment of two small puppies and unfortunately death won. Though we managed to save one but lost the other. It was really a painful moment and the worst part was his last time expressions. I couldn’t even recall such painful expression and the moment soul left his body, I find strange serenity on his face.

By looking his last time expression I finally understand that death is rather peaceful than a
llife. He was really struggling to take his few last breath and the moment he stops taking it, the serenity sprawls over his face. Trying to hide our dejection we start paying thanks to god for ending his pain and to save the other one. The day was not good actually and before the clock strikes 12 I received a phone call that my maternal uncle that my grandpa left us.  He was also in the hospital and we are all pretty much prepared for such news. I was supposed to be at his cremation ceremony but due to my brother’s heath issues I stayed with him.  Everyone in my house was satisfied that his pain finally comes to an end.
 

From the last 24 hours I have been around the last moments of someone’s life and it’s really painful to be witness that life ending moment. These two incidents finally introduced me to the immortal truth of life. My perception towards the death is completely changed and by comparing the state before death and after death I realize that death is actually not a bad thing but it’s not the thing which you want to see around you.


May, the souls of my grandfather and that pup rest in peace forever 

2 comments:

  1. Death is an Inevitable truth and that's what I think...Whenever it comes we embrace it even if we don't want too..
    RIP your Grandpa and the Puppy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh.. . tragic moment.. May their soul rest in peace ... heart touching post !!

    ReplyDelete