Monday 15 July 2013

Dying hunger

We are alive by the hunger and if hunger left us, our soul will also leave us. These words echoed in my mind for quite a long time. It wasn’t spoken by any spiritual leader nor I have read it in any books but it was the words which came from the mouth of the retired government employee who was preparing for his death. Yes, he was preparing for the death. I talk to him only once or twice in my life and I always find him busy in recalling his hunger. He was one of those whom I saw regularly at my thia (Indori  word for the hangout place)  and I never been tempted to strike a conversation with him.

 With his favorite navy cut cigarette in hands, he used to utter the words that increase your
hunger or you will die soon. Few months back I got news that the old man was no more and those who were accompanying him were used to say that he was quite an eccentric character. Though I don’t know about him but his words forced me to observe the individuals. I was shocked to observe that his words were absolutely right. When I was a child I was having a huge list of demands and I often tires to make the deal with my dad to fulfill those demands. This will continue till I start earning and now my demands went on to new level. While I never find my dad was having such a long list of demands and he just willing to fulfill our demands. As my demands now restricted myself, he started living the complacent life. 


He is also paying more attention towards the spiritual insights of the life and now he is also moving on the path of submitting his soul to the almighty. This thought seriously bothers me and to prevent my dad thinking in that manner, I again started raising my demand and in order to fulfill those demands he is now again active. The old man was right, it was the hunger who keeps us alive and there is no substitute for us.


If someone says that control your desires and live a complacent life then just pass the smile and recall the first sentence of my write up. Stay hungry enough to digest both sorrow and happiness to live longer. 

1 comment:

  1. Stay Hungry,Stay Foolish...and I guess these words also go along with your post.. :-)

    ReplyDelete