Tuesday 26 November 2013

Indian education – Applying limits on the students

Have you ever heard an engineering student saying that this job is really worthless and I am not doing engineering for doing such jobs? Well I am sure you must have heard similar comments from the students passing out from a reputed institute and having some good professional degree.  You can’t expect an engineer to do sales job even if he is unemployed. Moreover, a simple commerce graduate will not think of handsome package as he knows that he is not as skilled as MBA or Engineer.

When I started my job search I too filter out the opportunity based on the criteria that it will suit my engineering degree and it will not. While going to such transition I realized the fact that my education sets my brain and it is actually restricting me to enter in the new field or doing less paid job. While the commerce graduates are willing to do the same job at lower salary. The only reason for it is they have their own limits and they find high package job out of their reach while engineering student find low package job worth less.

Indian education systems give ample opportunity to every student to get the degrees and with each degree it sets brain of the students. IITIANS are always taught that they are the most minded students while the average BA graduate is taught that they are weakest. I personally oppose this thought and I believe that “no institute can teach you how to use your brain and it depends on you to use your brain.”  All you have to pay attention to a fact that you are interested in it or not. If you are interested then you will find someone to guide you to become expert in that field. Moreover, with the advent of internet it is now possible to learn everything.


Rather than confining yourself to stereotype career try something which you love to do. No matter you is a commerce graduate or engineer you will surely get success. I have seen plenty of engineers doing wonders in the finance and plenty of BCOM doing brilliant in IT field.  So, don’t think that job is not suiting your education think whether you are interested in it or not. If you are doing the thing of your interest, you will surely able to extract good package even if you start low. 

No comments:

Post a Comment