Saturday 23 January 2016

Anurabh's Impactful Life

Have you ever met an individual who have had a great impact on your life? I had one such friend who had really great impact on my life. His name is Anurabh. He was my classmate in engineering. He was jovial kind of person and always ready to help anyone. He was full of energy and with him you also start to feel positive and energetic.

We became friends in 3rd semester of engineering. We would go to new places and explore the city together.  Soon we became very good friends and that is when one day he shared his life story with me. Anurabh’s dad expired when he was in 7th standard. Everyone from his paternal side blamed his father’s death on Anurabh’s mother. It was until his 12th standard when he along with his elder sister and mom was asked to leave the house. They pleaded but their uncles did not listen even once to them. They were not even given share of their wealth.

They came to my city and started living with his mom’s brother. His mom started teaching in a local school, while his sister completed her graduation from the state university. He took gap of one year before joining college because he did not want to burden his family with the fees of his sister and his college education. He took tuitions and whatever he earned he gave it to his mom. He would take coaching batches for eight hours a day.

When he joined college, he would come to college and finish all the assignments and work on time then catch bus to his place and again would teach students for 3 hours straight after that and have dinner. After that he used to study for engineering and in the morning he would wake up early and exercise.

When he was in 2nd year of engineering he used to take tuitions of those engineering students who were in first year. He continued this routine till 7th semester and that is when the life turned uglier for him. His mom died of cancer during the beginning of the semester. He was devastated but salute to the guy. He not only picked himself up but continued to be same jovial and energetic Anurabh that we knew before.

He taught me one thing that life will give you thousand reasons to cry but to smile even one reason is enough. Whenever I face any issue in my life, I just try to be like Anurabh. He was really one from whom I want to learn a lot. He had such a great impact on my life and I wish someday I would also become something that I start to impact life and give it a new meaning, the way Anurabh did.


This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment