Tuesday 17 February 2015

Toddler's Bed Time Rituals

Source
Babies are really innocent and are our special darlings. We love to take care of them. They make our life complete. That feeling of becoming a parent is something that can never be compared to any other thing in the whole universe. Becoming a parent does come with a lot of responsibilities. One of the main problems that parents face is not able to pick on signals or hints that baby gives. Sometime the reasons are as obvious as a cry for hunger while other times it can be just for no reason just to seek attention. The more time we spend with our babies the more we understand them. Our ways of making them smile and giving them an experience of the world gets interesting day by day. Even getting our little ones to sleep is something that develops into a ritual.

When my little one was actually too little I used to sing lullaby to him and used to make various weird voices to make him laugh. He used to actually laugh out loud (LOL) at those times and then as the day passed it become more of a habit for me to do the same stuff and watching him laugh. He would even try to speak when I would make those weird voices and it was all fun.

When he got a little older I used to act stupid and make him laugh. I would involve him in the act and he would enjoy it and actually he would get tired of laughing and then sleep soundly for the night. I even remember the time when he got a sick but used to smile when I used to act like that. I would even hold his hands and make him dance and he would totally enjoy it.

When he got a little older I would make a new story every day and narrate it to him and he would listen to it quietly and would try to communicate in his own language. I would ask him about his day and what he did all day and he would make various sounds trying to narrate everything happened throughout the day. He loved talking and I could sense it in the way he responded when I used to talk with him.

When he got a little older I started taking him out for a stroll with me and he would enjoy it. He would experience new things every day and loved going on strolls. Many a times he would want to be out only and would cry if we brought him back to home. Then we used to talk to him and say “Okay, five minutes more and then it would be sleep time”. He learned what it meant and when we reached home he would fall sleep without any trouble on most of the days.


There was one thing which was common in all these rituals it was the diaper. We would make him wear the diaper which will not make him sick and keep him dry throughout the night. If you did something interesting before your baby’s sleep then do mention it in the comment section below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment