Saturday 27 December 2014

Sach- Such A Great Feeling


Via- http://www.mynewnormals.com/truth-hurts/
What is truth? Is it just being right or just an antonym of lie? The answer to this question is easy. Truth is the act of doing right that works for the betterment of an individual or society. However, it is often seen that people lose their stand on being truthful. There are many conditions in which a person feels lying is the last option. Soon that habit of lying grows. There can be two reasons why a person lies. Firstly because he don’t see any harm in lying and just because he has got away when he lied in the past and secondly is the unawareness of the relief that a person feels after telling the truth.

The first reason depends on the situation while the second reason depends on an individual’s character. If a person is lying then his character should be such that he should feel guilt and shame for his act. The moment a person decides to live without guilt that is when he would tread on the path of truth.

There was one incident, which happened with me a few months back. My girl friend told me to stop being in touch with my ex. I understood her situation and agreed to the point. Few weeks passed and I bumped into my ex at local mall. We shared few pleasantries and headed our ways.

I thought of hiding that meeting from my girl friend. I knew the reaction could worsen our relationship and could possibly break it (based on the experience). I loved her and did not want to hurt her. That day we had dinner together. The night was going smoothly, I looked into her eyes, and that innocence drove me to the guilt lane. That guilt of hiding something from her poked me inside. I dropped her at her place and drove back to my place. That night I pondered over the thought of our relationship. Should I lie to make this relationship work? Moreover, if is it so, then are we really in a good relationship?

Via- http://snabur-cogito.blogspot.in/2013/04/never-compromise-truth.html
I called my girlfriend and asked if she could meet me. She was a little hesitant and worried but gave in to my request. I picked her up and we drove to a nearby place. She looked at me and asked what happened. I narrated the whole scenario to her. She listened carefully and then spoke in her serious tone “It’s ok. You did for us.” She made me understand that whatever I did was not intentional and if I had not spoken to my ex, she would felt guilty. That is when I realized our relationship has matured. Now she is not my girlfriend, now she is my fiancée.

This incident made me realize how beautiful is that feeling of telling the truth and letting off that burden. Truth never breaks, it only makes and if something gets broken because of truth then it was never meant to be.

Speak truth because the more you practice it the more it would honor you.


No comments:

Post a Comment