Tuesday 18 November 2014

Reconnecting with the lost touch


It was like a daily weekend morning. We were having tea and discussing over the grocery items that has to be bought.  She went to take bath and I turned to the newspaper and cup of tea, which was about to finish. I Flipped through few pages, read my favorite column before getting stuck at the sports page. As I was about to move from the football to tennis, I heard her calling my name from the bedroom. I went there and she asked me if I could help her in getting her hair untangled from the dress that she was wearing. I nodded and started to look for the noose which got her hair entangled in the zipper. After a little struggle finally managed to locate the noose and untangled it from the zipper. As I was about to leave, she asked me which pair of earrings will go well with the dress that she was wearing. I answered with a little agitation “green one”. She understood that I was least interested in giving her suggestions on what would go well with her dress. She said okay and I left immediately to the Sharapova’s latest feat. She was a little disappointed after the incident. The day went past as usual but she looked upset. I decided to take her out for dinner that night to make up for my mistake and made reservations in a nearby restaurant and made her aware of the plan. She said okay in a faint voice. I knew she was still upset. We got out of our house and locked the door and drove to the restaurant. I ordered her favorite dish but nothing brought smile to her face. After paying the bill we drove to her favorite spot. She was surprised and I took her hand pointed to the places and started talking of the stuff that we used to do when we used to come there. She held my arm and rested her head on my chest and slowly kissed me on the cheek. The day wasn’t special but the night wasn’t ordinary when we reconnected and found the lost touch in the comfort each other’s arms #BringBackTheTouch. The night passed reliving the old memories and loving every single bit of it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment