Thursday 20 February 2014

Insane resume builder

All of you must know someone who puts getting the job’ on the first in his priority list. Well I too know someone who is insanely working to get a job. He is one of my classmates in MBA and he can do anything to get a job. In order to fulfill his dream of working in MNC companies he literally does some weird stuff.

I still recall the first lecture of personality development session where our mentor told us the importance of resume. Everyone in the classroom was pretending to listen but sumit (name not so cleverly changed by me) was the only person who was preparing notes.  He wrote few lines in capitals like “HAVE A CLEARLY DEFINED OBJECTIVES”, “KNOW YOUR WEAKNESS AND STRENGTHS.” For a moment I thought these lines are first time ever spoken by someone then sanity returns to me. Like a good classmate I asked him to stop the shit and he rejected by sayingtuje kya pata, agar pata hota to tu placed hota (you don’t know anything and if you would know this thing you would have been placed)”.

From that day onwards he started doing the activities to enrich his C.V again.  He started reading English literary classics (though he did not understand the language, nor do I), he started learning guitar (as madam used the “playing guitar” as an example of what should we write in the hobby section). One day madam has asked us to bring our resumes so that she can correct the mistakes.  She pointed various mistakes in one of my classmate’s CV though he was not even bothered about it. In his resume he wrote “captain of college cricket team and winner of university badminton tournaments”. Madam used his example to describe what should we write in extracurricular activities. Unfortunately, sumeet hated sports and hence he always kept safe distance from it.

Next morning I surprisingly found him on the cricket field consulting to one of my team members about cricket. I asked him why you are doing it. He again responded in usual manner Bhai certificate resume me likhne ke kaam aayega (brother, certificate will enrich the resume)”. At that moment I realized that boss iski #conditionserioushai.


He is actively attending seminars and trying to read more and more books with regular cricket and guitar practices. Trust me his efforts are totally wasted as he is not doing anything efficiently. He cannot take high catches nor he is having good stroke timings and it gives intolerable pain when he strums his half un-tuned guitar (his description of un-tune guitar, as guitar strings are tight enough to produce the noise). 

I want to give him Cadbury five star but I know he would say bhai, isase mere resume par kya affect padgega”. Let’s see when he ends his insane resume building strategy and start doing the things which he loves to do. I hope all his efforts will pay off and he would get a good job in MNC.


1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaah BHAI ISASE MERE RESUME PAR KYA AFFECT PADEGA..
    AWESOME POST MAN!! Winworthy! :P

    ReplyDelete